Thursday 21 October 2010

One More Thing

As I have talked about the non-designer toy stuff that I was growing up with in my previous post, I think they deserve a bit more attentions before moving on. Especially the very popular games and movie merchandise figures, like capsule and happy meal toys. They are mass produced but some of them are by no mean low quality! Here are a few examples.

1. Link from Nintendo's Legend of Zelda series - his eyes move as you twist his head, just like he was in The Wind Waker game

Link wondered why the rabbit kept shouting "Daaaaaaaah"!?Protect The Human

2. Mad Barbarian x Sony Postpet - designers lending their talents to a popular Sony software character

Mad Barbarian Sound

3. Wanroom - San-X makes everyday objects super cute

friendly homeware

4. Le Frog - Happy Meal toy for the movie Flush Away, capturing the character perfectly

Le Frog


I guess what I am trying to say is that a great toy is all about its design and the emotions that it brings, and sometimes it only costs a few bucks :)